Indian Fry Bread
Great anytime of the year!
Write a review
- 2c flour
- 1T baking powder
- 1T salt
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1c water plus a little more
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add water and mix just until sticky. The trick is to have a very sticky gob of dough. If it is too dry then the fry bread will not be light and airy.
- Pat out a gob of dough on a floured surface to make a 6 inch round bread. You should get about 5 breads from one batch.
- Fry in 340 degree oil until brown on each side, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with butter, cinnamon and sugar and honey.
J4 Automotive Service and Repair, East Helena, MT http://j4automotive.com/