Vi's Taco Salad
Write a review
- 1 head lettuce chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2-3 chopped and seeded medium tomatoes, more if you like tomatoes! (Romas' have great flavor!)
- 1 lb burger
- 1 16oz bag Fritos original corn chips crushed
- ½ of one 8oz can tomato sauce (4ounces)
- 1 package (16 ounce size) mild Mexican Velveeta
- Optional - 1 package taco seasoning for more flavor
- Brown burger and drain, you can add taco seasoning to the burger if you like a spicier salad like Kit does.
- Mix together lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and corn chips in large bowl.
- Melt Velveeta and ½ can of the tomato sauce in microwave (cube the cheese so it will melt quicker).
- Add the burger to the cheese mixture and mix well.
- Pour cheese/burger mixture over the salad and toss until well mixed.
- Vi's note: This makes a lot! Serves four to six depending on how hungry your crew is. We serve this every once in a while to the guys at the shop on our bi-weekly lunch meetings and they love it; it's a crowd pleaser!
J4 Automotive Service and Repair, East Helena, MT http://j4automotive.com/