J4 Automotive has been recognized by the Tri-County Green Business Program for our resource efficiency efforts, and our dedication to help increase efficiency, cut costs and decrease our environmental impact. The Tri-County Green Business Program is a project of Lewis & Clark County to promote resource efficiency in businesses throughout Lewis & Clark, Broadwater, and Jefferson Counties.
J4 Automotive has implemented these sustainable actions to reduce our environmental impact:
- Recycling all coolant to be restored and reused
- Recycling all oil filters at Pacific Steel and Recycling
- Recycling all batteries
- Recycling all scrap metal, approximately 6,000-7,000 lbs annually
- Selling used tires to the Tire Bailer to be re-used for bridge abutments, etc.
- Assuring that sumps in the facility have oil seperators to prevent oil leakage into East Helena Sewage
- Using waste oil in an EPA-approved furnace for heating the facility and selling excess waste oil to Emerald Recycling or CAP Paving Company
- Buying oil in bulk to reduce packaging and lower costs
- Recycling aluminum cans
- Using re-usable rags
- Using an evaporation unit for cooling in summer, use a water-cooled fan